Aunt Judy's Mandel Bread
Source: Aunt Judy Fox
Food Group: Bread
|2 large eggs|
|1/2 cup(s) sugar|
|1/2 cup(s) canola or vegetable oil|
|1 teaspoon(s) vanilla|
|2 cup(s) flour|
|1 teaspoon(s) baking powder|
|1/2 cup(s) raisins|
|1/2 cup(s) sliced almonds|
|1/2 cup(s) butterscotch chips|
|1/2 cup(s) chocolate chips|
|1/2 teaspoon(s) salt|
|CInnamon Sugar (1 cup sugar to 2 Tablespoons cinnamon)|
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs; add sugar, oil and vanilla. Mix well.
2. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder & salt. Add to the egg mixture stir by hand until well blended (not beaten).
3. Mix together the chips, raisins & almonds. Add to the batter, stirring well with a wooden spoon or large rubber spatula, until evenly distributed.
4. Grease a large baking rimmed baking sheet.
5. With wet hands form mixture into two long, flat loaves on baking sheet. (Should be about 1 1/2" high by 3-4' wide and 14-15" long).
6. Sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugar.
7. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and slice each loaf into 1' slices. Turn slices onto the side and sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugar.
8 Bake for another 5-7 minutes.
Notes:The original recipe only called for 1/4 cup of butterscotch chips and creates a less chunky, more "biscotti" texture. I adapted it for my family's preferences.