- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove pastry dough from freezer and let thaw for 10 minutes.
- While dough is thawing, wash and trim asparagus so it is 1-1/2 inches shorter than width of pastry sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, grated Parmesan, chopped basil leaves and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Unfold dough onto a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Cut into 4 equal rectangles. Separate rectangles slightly on sheet.
- Spread cream cheese mixture onto each of the pastry rectangles, not quite to edges. Press 4 asparagus spears onto each rectangle, alternating directions. Sprinkle pastries with sea salt and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes until pastries are golden brown.
- Remove from oven, cut each pastry in half and transfer to serving platter. Garnish with a sprinkle of shaved Parmesan cheese and serve. Yield: 8 servings.