Food Group: Alcohol
|2 can(s) (10 ounce) Refrigerated Crecent dinner rolls|
|1/4 pound(s) Thinly sliced boiled ham|
|1/4 pound(s) Thinly sliced provolone cheese|
|1/4 pound(s) Thinly sliced Swiss cheese|
|1/4 pound(s) Thinly sliced Genoa salami|
|1/4 pound(s) Thinly sliced pepperoni|
|1 Jar (12 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained|
|2 clove(s) Fresh garlic, minced|
|1 tablespoon(s) Fresh basil, chopped|
|3 tablespoon(s) Pecorino Romano|
|1 teaspoon(s) Confectioners' sugar|
|Salt & fresh ground pepper|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Unroll one package of crescent roll dough, and cover the bottom of a 9"x13" pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 6 minutes.
4. Remove from oven, layer the ham, Swiss cheese, salami, provolone & pepperoni on top of the dough.
5. Place drained peppers on layered paper towels and blot gently with another paper towel removing as much moisture as possible. Chop peppers into large pieces or strips, combine with chopped garlic, fresh basil, salt and fresh ground pepper. Spread on top of meat layers.
6. Beat 3 eggs with 3 T cheese, pour evenly over meat & peppers.
7. Unroll the second package of dough, and place over the top of the peppers.
8. Beat remaining egg with sugar and brush over top of dough. Cover with aluminum foil.
9. Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove foil, and bake another 15-20 minutes, or until dough is fluffy and golden brown. Cut into squares. Serve warm, or at room temperature.