1. Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cinnamon; mix well. Separate dough into 8 triangles; sprinkle sugar mixture evenly over each. Gently press sugar mixture into each triangle, flattening each slightly.
2. Place apple slice on shortest side of each triangle; tuck in edges around apple slice. Roll up, starting at shortest side and rolling to opposite point. Seal all seams. Place point side down in ungreased 9-inch round baking dish or pie pan, placing long side of 7 filled crescents around outside edge of dish and 1 in center.
3. Bake at 375°F. for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Remove baking dish from oven. In small bowl, combine all sauce ingredients; beat with wire whisk until well blended. Spoon sauce evenly over partially baked rolls. Sprinkle with almonds and cinnamon.
5. Return to oven; bake an additional 13 to 18 minutes or until deep golden brown. If necessary, cover with foil during last 5 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning. Serve warm. Store in refrigerator.